Learn to sew once and for all in our Super Starter series! This series is designed for sewing newbies; in each class, you will learn all of the sewing basics, including:
• How to operate a sewing machine safely
• How to thread the machine
• Familiarization with the different features of a sewing machine
• How to begin sewing with a straight stitch
• How to follow seam allowances to keep a straight seams
• And much more!
Once you've got the basics down, you will then put your newfound knowledge to the test as you make a simple, beginner-friendly project. These are the projects that we'll be making this fall season:
• In September, we'll make a brush roll. It's a very easy make that will help you stay organized. If you don't use brushes (makeup or painting), this could also double as a pencil case, a place to store your crafting needles, or you can adapt it to fit a variety of other things.
• In October, we'll make a Halloween-themed tote.
• In November, we'll make self-binding napkins. It's the perfect project that you'll be able to use for your Thanksgiving meal!
• In December we'll make a holiday-themed gift bag.
Once you attend one class, you will be prepared to move on to a more advanced sewing class. We host many types of sewing classes. Quilts, bags, accessories - you name it, we've got it, so you're sure to find something that you'll love.
Supplies: All materials are included in the price of the class.
Machines: We will provide sewing machines.
This class is suitable for teens and adults who have no previous sewing experience. We recommend that kids attend one of our kids-only classes instead, as we'll make projects that are more suitable for their interests. (e.g. American Girl clothes, back-to-school projects, and stuffed plushies.)