• How to set up your machine for FMQ
• Lower your machine's feed dogs
• Changing into your FMQ foot
• Making a quilt sandwich
• The different type of FMQ feet, including the open toe/closed toe, ruler, hopping, and darning feet
• High shank versus low shank machines, and how this can affect your FQ technique
• FMQ hand positions
• How to begin free-motion quilting; you'll stitch out meandering lines on quilt sandwich
You will be hooked on FMQ after you attend this class!
Please note: This is a lecture-style class. Although you will practice some FMQ techniques on your machine, the class's content will be primarily focused on getting you acquainted with the technique.
Materials Required: Students need to bring their domestic machines to the class with a drop feed function. If available, please bring your machine's extension table. Additionally, students should bring at least one of the following free-motion quilting feet:
• Darning foot
• Open or closed toe foot
• Hopping foot
• Ruler foot
Since the class will cover all of these feet, it's preferable to bring as many as you can.
Experience Level: This class is suitable for people who have previous sewing/quilting experience.